Friday, March 2, 2007

I made a Cake...

After an intense workout on Wednesday, getting some ride time in outside finally. On the pavement, due to the trails now becoming a swamp from the snow thaw and now the inch and a half of rain we got yesterday. But it was nice to get 20 miles in. After the ride I relaxed at my Condo by making a Cake or should I say building a Cake. Main ingredient : one Gary Fisher Cake 2 DLX frame, autographed by Gary on the top tube. Add left over components. Build for 60 minutes, be careful before you look - the Cake 2 is hot...


Spec's :
Hayes Nine Carbon Hydraulic Brakes
Shimano XT Shifters
Bontrager Race Lite Handle Bar
Buzz Kill Bar Ends(they do work on mtn bikes very well if you don't have a carbon bar)
Marzocchi Marathon SL Fork
FSA K-Force Lt. Carbon Seatpost
FSA Saddle
Campy Seatpost Collar
Bontrager Race GXP Crankset and BB
(set-up as 2 x 9 drivetrain w/ Road Cassette)
Shimano XTR derailleurs
Sram Hollow Pin Chain
Dura Ace Road Cassette
Bontrager Race X Lite Wheel Set
Bontrager Jones ACX (front) and Jones Mud-X (rear) tires , set-up as tubeless.


Ride Cake Eat Mountain!




2 comments:

Andy & Stephanie said...

Hey man do you still ride that Cake 2 DLX? That was/is my favorite bike of all time. I currently ride a Trek Fuel 90, and I hate it. I want my Cake back...But I cant find them anywhere. anyways, ride hard, have fun!

Jason said...

Yea, that one is a keeper. But I got a Cake 3 around... What size do you ride. hit me up at cake2xcr@gmail.com